Monday, November 3, 2008

Manic Monday more of a Mellow Monday. Cheerios, Embarrassment and Election Day

This morning went off without a hitch and we even had twenty minutes to spare.

The alarm went off and Matthew JUMPED out of bed and went to crawl in with Eric, locking me out of my own bedroom.

But once I was ready, he got up and got ready.

We headed downstairs, him proclaiming that he wanted dry cheerios with No MILK....Telling me in a sweet little voice "They taste sweeter that way Mommy."

And then he proclaimed he wanted Hot Chocolate. I gave in. I never give him Chocolate before school, but I figured we are up early and it looks like this morning is going good, he will be okay.

Curious George this morning was about a bee sting. Matthew went to explain for the zillionth time about the time, when I was in PA that he got stung by a bee in the basement over the summer. He had thought it was an ant, and if I remember from Eric it was dead.

But somehow the stinger got him and he was okay. This morning he was re-iterating how it "DIDN'T EVEN HURT HIM."

I told him how proud I was of him, and him being so strong and brave.

WRONG.

He said, "Mommy!!" as he got off the chair and slid down onto the filthy floor with his clean clothes. I said, "What?" as I lifted him back up onto the chair.

He said, "DON'T SAY THAT, YOU'RE EMBARRASSING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I said, "What??? How honey? There is no one here but us. Who am I embarrassing you in front of?"

He said, "I just don't want you to talk like that!!"

I said, "Okay, I'm sorry for saying your strong and brave" (mumbling under my breath I won't let it happen again)

He is so funny.

The other night for Halloween, we had a unexpected surprise visit by N who we hadn't seen in three months. We took her with us.

In the backseat of the car, from his seat to hers....on the way home................he says, "N, the little girls in school don't believe I have a girlfriend!!"

Eric and I perked right up and were trying to hear.

She told him, "And you do, it's me. You need to tell them!"

He said, "I do, but they don't believe me!!"

Luckily this was at the point when we pulled into the driveway so all talk of romance, ceased.

I told him this morning, that he doesn't have school tomorrow for Election Day!!

He yelled, "Yeah!! What are we going to do??"

I said, "Well, Mommy hasn't given it much thought about you yet, but Mommy and Daddy get to go pull a lever at your school and vote for the next President Of The United States!!!"

He said, "Yeah!! Can I come?"

I said, "Sure!!"

Then I'm reading about the long lines and praying we don't get that problem, or he won't be happy.

I don't like to blog about my political views, I don't like to talk about them with friends. I live in one of the most political states, and yet I'd rather keep it to myself.

I'm just not confrontational and I don't like to have heated political discussions about politics, or even religion.

So, with that said......go out and vote!!!

I'll keep my choice to myself and hopefully our country will still be standing in January and for the next four years.

I am praying for all of us and am really looking forward to turning on the TV or the computer and not seeing anything related to campaigning.

No comments: