Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN & Fantasy Friday KISS DID do Halloween Special that I remembered as a child.

Mama Swan is so proud of herself.

This morning I was thinking okay....blog about Halloween, about something related to Fantasy Friday......the wheels are turning.

Last year or the year before, I blogged about my favorite show when I was a child, growing up in the 70's, was H.R. Puffinstuff I loved Witchypoo and all of the other characters.

At Halloween one year, it stained my memory for years of the band KISS at the time that played on what I thought was that show.

Thanks to the internet, my brain is now cleared....it was a Halloween Special with Paul Lynde. Witchypoo was on it....but SO WAS KISS.

At the time, they sang the song "Beth" which was appropriate for viewing audiences at the time, not to mention their makeup went with the Halloween ambiance.

I wish they would put this stuff on tv now......The Kroft Shows were classic....along with Saturday Morning Sigmund and The Seamonsters.

So much better viewing than The Power Rangers, or Pokemon. (Shhhh...Don't tell Matthew I said that.)

It was wholesome.

Why can't they be more creative these days? Although it is funny now, to watch even the old Godzilla movies or Sinbad and the Sailor (which I loved), okay...not so scary anymore...

BUT ONCE UPON A TIME......THEY WERE.

That is because now....it takes alot to scare due to what kids are used to.

I myself am victim of letting Matthew watch Spiderman movies, Batman movies and even Jurrasic Park....but with Mommy there...even though he doesn't even blink an eye at what would make me blink.

He is all boy and relishes anything with a villian that the good guy could get.

I just miss the more mushy, bad guys like the sleestacks in Land Of The Lost.

Oh well...at least now thanks to YouTube and other internet wonders, I can watch Puff In Stuff and smile:-)

Have a Wonderful Halloween!!

No comments: