Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cinderella is now back to reality (at least for now)



Mama Swan got an unexpected treat this weekend. On Saturday we took Matthew to have his pictures taken for Soccer, and then headed into Boston for a Get Rid Of The Income Tax Rally held in Fanuill Hall.

Before we went, I got an email from my cousin Jeanne who mentioned she would be coming to Boston on Sunday for a conference and if I had time, we could get together.

My cousin Jeanne is not only the most warm hearted, giving, considerate, loving, generous, and devoted person, she also has the most beautiful voice and sings for a band in PA. She has been in a band in one way or another for the past 20 years. She also plays a mean keyboard.

She recently went to Nashville to record a cd that was produced by the same producer for Lorrie Morgan (Country artist). Jeanne has opened up for Lorrie Morgan, Heart, Jason Aldean, Journey and a number of other artists over the years.

I am her number one New England Fan, and would love to see her go far. She is the mom of two absolutely gorgeous children and not only does she sing with a band, but works at a full time job in addition to that, and is part of the town recreation department. She is also very active in church and is blessed in more ways than one. I've always admired her determination, devotion and strength to not let any obstacles get in her way of achieving her dreams. Her children are so blessed to have her as their mom.

On Friday night when I had my hour and a half with TwinsMom, I was listening to Jeanne's cd on the way, thinking to myself I wish we lived closer. Friday night I mentioned to TwinsMom that I wish we were rich and could just get a place to go, just to watch a movie. I secretly to myself wished I had a room just pop up out of nowhere to go to, a hotel...but knew it was just a dream.

When I got her email, at first I thought I would just be going in for a few hours Sunday night, due to the expensive cost of parking overnight in Boston. She offered to take care of everything. I was Julia Roberts without Richard Gere for 24 hours. I felt like I really just became Cinderella, and my gown was about to turn into rags again, as yesterday morning was coming to an end.



We walked to The Union House for a beer. I got us lost and Jeanne had to show ME how to get to the North End. That would have never happened a million years ago. I used to be THE tour guide for anyone coming to Boston from PA. I'm just out of practice.

We had a delicious dinner at G'Vanni's in the North End. I had not had veal since before Matthew was born. At first I felt like I couldn't order it, due to the expense but she insisted. When they brought my plate, I was embarrassed because it didn't look like much. But once I tasted the Vitello Piccata, they had in lemon with capers.....................my dream just got more intense. Not only was I in the North End with my cousin, but now it came with taste. I have never had a more delicious dinner in my life, it is now up there above lobster.

We had Tirimasu and Canoli's and Cappachino on Hanover Street as we walked toward the harbor side. We stopped at The Living Room for one more (two more) glasses of wine for Mama Swan.....and then Jeanne helped me crossing the street to the hotel.

She saw a sign for the Hard Rock, which I insisted was not on that side of town. I had been there many times, years before and I knew it wasn't there. She pointed to the sign...and what do you know, she became the tour guide again...instead of me. But she wasn't in the mood for a crazy atmosphere, so we declined.

We then hit the hay, and had breakfast at the awesomely decored Oceana restaurant in the Marriott, overlooking the harbor in the morning.

Talk about awesome ambiance. And then as I was eating my eggs benedict (another dream), it hit me...my dream was about to end....I had to get home to meet Matthew for lunch.

Mama Swan flew home, to meet him coming off the bus. He said "What did you do at Jeanne's Mommy?" I said "Oh we had dinner, and next time she comes she is going to bring her little guy for you to play with and come and visit our house."

Thanks to Eric for being so understanding in helping me, achieve this dream.

Then my mom and God kept at it and Eric got to go for free to the Red Sox game last night.

His friend/old boss called him, and last minute my car made the third trip three days in a row into Boston and he got to see them beat the Angels and now head into the ALCS 2008.

I know back to mopping the floors, laundry, dishes, vacuuming.....Cinderella is back to just enjoying the memory. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were Cinderella for a day as you deserve to be Cinderella every day. Jeanne is a wonderful person so the two of you were well matched for a wonderful day in Boston.
Love Dad