Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Remember When Wednesday - Mama Swan's Big Hair Days

Alright, if I had a scanner, I would be happy to post one of my big hair styles from the 80's.

Today I was trying to think of what I'd like to say, and I've been looking at all of these 80's sites and blogs (see new thingy on the sidebar?).

As soon as I get a picture to post of my hair, I will. I miss it, to be honest. It was so easy to just blow dry and spray with Aqua Net to get it where you wanted it to go.

I graduated in 1985, so I love anything from the 80's, hair, music, movies, you name it.

I, until Matthew came along, would still be known to be blasting in my house anything considered Arena Rock now such as Motley Crue, Def Leppard (still love them), Bon Jovi, Poison, Warrent, Dokken, Winger, Ratt, Y & T, Skid Row, Cinderella, Great White, L.A. Guns (got to meet the drummer) and Guns and Roses to name a few.

My brothers can attest to the fact, that when I'm in my car I still enjoy my motivational music, my driving music - that makes me forget and just be me. A few months ago I was visiting PA for my family reunion, by myself. Eric and Matthew went to his reunion, ironically the same weekend in MA. My brother P and I went for a ride to where he likes to run. He is really in shape and takes his sports and fitness seriously. He is not married and doesn't have children yet so we get to spend more time together these days. The place is in the mountains, along side of a river and as soon as he gets in the car, I blast Great White, Dokken and some AC/DC and for the ride back some Foreigner and Journey.

It just makes my trips complete. There is nothing like driving along the mountainside or countryside with the mountains in your view on a sunny day, with Steve Perry singing to you.

It's right up there with Veal Piccata.

My brother J, doesn't get to go on as much rides with me these days. He is married with children and has a full time job and household responsibilities. But when he does, he knows he can count on his big sis, to let him enjoy some AC/DC for the drive.

He tries to argue, he is more into Chicago these days....but it's nice to go back and bring out some music that's in all of us and we can just......be.

No comments: