Thursday, October 2, 2008

St. Therese of the child Jesus, St. Gerard Majella, Leo Buscaglia and Mama Swan's Fairy Godmother

In preparing myself for getting back to church, today I've been joining catholic women blogrolls, and now seeing another part of cyberspace that I really hadn't seen before.

Even before I go back to church on Sunday, I am now blessed to know that the whole world is right at my computer and is already starting to "envelop" me. It's beautiful to see all of the blessings out there and other women who feel as blessed as me and want to share that with the world, not just in their children but also in their dreams and pondering of everyday life.

Yesterday was the Feast day of St. Therese of the child Jesus. Ironically it is also the birthday to my fairy godmother named after her. We call her that since Matthew has been born, with my love for Cinderella. Matthew is still waiting for her to take out her wand and put mommy in a gown.

When I was a little girl, during my mother's healthier years before I was ten; my mother would read me facts on Saints, or prayers from the bible. One of my mom's favorite saints was St. Gerard Majella, who was known as the saint for Motherhood. She also loved Bishop Fulton Sheen and Leo Buscaglia, speaking of Love.

When Eric and I were suffering infertility, after failed years and failed IUI treatments, I took a breathing and relaxation course at Beth Israel Hospital in Brookline, MA. I met a woman in this class who was there for the same reasons as we were. She ironically without knowing of my mother's interests handed me a prayer book of St. Gerard Majella. I have kept it close to my heart since.

I really should look up that girl, and see if her prayers were answered the way mine were. It was just so hard though, going through infertility for those going through it, and then being the friend on the outside. When you can't conceive and you hear your friend tell you, it worked for them, it is like a knife that cuts into you and is such a hopeless feeling.

My prayer is that she was blessed and God willing if she is meant to be in my life someday, she will be.

Here is an excerpt from another website called Praying4ABaby.com

Take care.

No comments: