Saturday, October 4, 2008

MNO, Daddy got him to sleep in his own bed!!

I know Silly Saturday title, but I have to give credit when credit is due.

Last night I went out for a monthly sometimes, every two month, hour and a half with my friend twin's mom. We usually are home before ten and last night I was home by 8:30.

We are both in the same financial area, and have limited funds. When we go out, you know it is just to get in my car and possibly get a coffee, or as in this case Wal-Mart so she could find some items for her daughter's Halloween costume. It really is just a chance to be around another human being, another mom for an hour or two. We've been friends for awhile now, and we both dream of winning the lottery (although I don't play), so we can actually stay out til 11:00 and see an expensive movie.

When I came home last night, Eric told me "He's asleep in his own bed, by himself." I thought he was joking.

But sure enough, he stayed there all night long.

This has happened in the past when Mommy's in PA visiting or with Twin's Mom, he is able to say "Go to sleep now, I have things to do", and then walk out of the room with no problems.

That's because He is not Matthew's teddy bear, or blanket to hold and has been holding for almost 6 years, that's been Mommy so it is not that difficult to see that he would listen to his Dad's authoritative voice saying the same thing he says every night. Good night son, I love you, I have to go "do my things."

And I'm not bragging that I'm Matthew's teddy bear, blanket or anything else, because I know that although I absolutely love the love he gives me when he cuddles into me and is so sweet at that time of night, that it is not in his best interest to keep cuddling with Mommy. That the co-sleeping family bed that we believed in as a family when he was a toddler, due to the circumstances of whatever was happening at the moment, is now not the best for him to learn his own independence.

Have to cut this cord..just this one...right now..................

Tomorrow morning, Matthew and I will go to mass and pray that it will go smoothly.

Have a great day!

No comments: