Friday, October 3, 2008

Chilly Weather and my Michelin Tire Baby

This morning was a nippy 43 degrees at 6:30 when we got up. I am really NOT a cold weather person, how I got farther north from PA to MA, is something. When I am cold, I literally freeze, as in bones frozen, so I can't even type, or walk around the house.

I know I've mentioned in the past the weather differences of living on the lake, but now that Matthew is going to school somehow Mommy has to pull up my bootstraps and get tougher.

I don't know if my being hypothyroid makes it worse. I know it is one of the symptoms, but I'm on medication for it...so shouldn't I be scalding hot now?

Yesterday, a note came home from school saying today would be "National Red Sox Day" to show our support, to send Matthew to school in his team attire.

Luckily he has a new sweatshirt that I got him.

This morning, the poor kid is all bundled up in this nice bulky sweatshirt to keep him warm, and then I put a light jacket over him, because it was so cold out. I feel like I'm always sending him out in public looking like the Michelin Tire Baby.

I'm the mom, who will pick up the Michelin Tire Baby from school and watch every other child come out of school with weather appropriate attire on. My house, my area down in the nook by the lake with the trees and leaves blowing...is freezing..........................up the street................Paradise on a Sunny Island in the Caribbean!

Here is a picture of Matthew from his T-Ball parade day taken in March? I know it was freezing, but how come he was the only Michelin Tire baby in that parade????????????



Have a warm, toasty and cozy day!!

No comments: