Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Mama Swan works the machine in Honey I Shrunk The Kids (In Matthew's Dream)

This morning someone woke up and the first words out of his mouth, were:

"Mommy I had a dream that you were running that machine in Honey, I Shrunk The Kids, but it worked the opposite way and you pointed it to Grammy R's house, and it blew up Grammy and Pa Man."

Me still sleeping, was so excited that he got to have a dream of me running that machine. (One of my favorite movies, taking my little brother P to see way back in the day, when it came out.)

But when he saw me smiling, with my mind thinking about that, he yelled "BUT MOMMY, YOU BLEW UP GRAMMY AND PA MAN!!"

Back to reality, I said "That's terrible honey! But did I get to shrink Daddy? Was he out running around in the yard in the wild?"

He said "No" looking at me in a confused state that I wasn't still dwelling on my blowing up the neighbors.

I told him, that it was too bad that machine didn't work right and did that to the poor neighbors.

That I'm sure I didn't mean it.

I asked him if I shrunk anything and he said "ONLY A FEW ANIMALS."

I said, That's okay.

How cool am I???? To work that machine in his dream? Just wish I had actually shrunk people, like even us and we went on an adventure.....and that I could have the same dream as him and we could experience it together..

I know...now I know where he gets his imagination from.

The funny thing is, that he only saw that movie once about a year ago!

But the other day, on an awesome site I was told about where you can watch movies for free called Surfthechannel.com we actually looked for that one to watch. Didn't find it, so we watched Barnyard 2 instead.

But that was it.

He is like me and I love hearing his stories about his dreams, it reminds me of when I used to at least remember my dreams and I would tell them to Eric and we would laugh because they were so wild. Haven't had any like that though in at least 6 years or more.

Now he can be my dreamer.

Here's to Honey I Shrunk The Kids!!

No comments: