Monday, September 10, 2007

Matthew's funny side & Pre-school Progress Day 2

I haven't been posting some of Matthew's comments lately and there is alot I know that I am forgetting, so before I forget anymore here is just a sample of our recent conversations.
  1. Daddy: I have an earache. Matthew: I have a toot ache. (at first confused with tooth, but realized due to his laughing he means toot which in our house means to leave gas)
  2. Matthew and Mommy were playing with his superhero's. Being the nice host that he is, Matthew wanted to introduce Superman to Red Power Ranger. Mommy: Do we call him Red for short? Matthew: No he is tall Mommy!
  3. Matthew made a beautiful creation in school today using construction paper, feathers, foam hearts and a ruby jewel thing (for lack of correct term). He made this for Mommy and when we came in the house the ruby was missing. I gasped stating "Oh No!! Mommy most have lost the ruby in the car or on the way to the house!!!" Matthew said "That's OK Mom!!! You still have the heart."
  4. Driving in the car, listening to my blinker Matthew WHISPERED WHILE CUPPING HIS EAR that HE HEARD THE TICKING OF HIS SPIDERMAN CLOCK IN HIS BEDROOM. I mentioned that it was my blinker and that we were too far away from home to hear his clock, but he was adamant and so I gave in.
  5. The other day he ran into Grammy R's house next door, like he always does as soon as she comes home from anywhere. He told her that his mom needed the jimmies and sprinkles that she had out on the counter. When I finally caught up with him, I mentioned that Mommy has all of that with my baking stuff. R thought maybe he was trying to tell me, he wants me to bake.
  6. While listening to Mommy's new love (www.pandora.com) a Michael Buble station that will also play music similar in taste as Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra came on. Matthew has believed that Frank is Grandpa since he was 22 months old. It was Christmas time and we had a Christmas music channel on that played all day long. The first Frank Sinatra Christmas song that came on, Matthew in his high chair yelled out "GRANDPA!!!!!". From that moment on until now, he still believes Frank is Grandpa. I just agree with him so not to confuse him. Today Michael Buble was singing. Then Nat King Cole. Then Frank singing something about blue birds or butterflies? Matthew said "There's Grandpa!" I will always say "He didn't tell Mommy he was making a movie, doing that record, being on that radio station." The next song was Michael Buble again doing "I've Got You Under My Skin". Matthew said "Hey!! That's Micheal Buble!!!". I just said "That impostor of Grandpa's"...
  7. Last week while out on my front porch Matthew out of the clear blue mentioned Grandma K. We were talking about flowers at the time and he mentioned "If you want to be like Grandma, you have to drink lots of ginger-ale, water and milk!!"
  8. Matthew: Mom, What kind of house does Grammy R have? Mommy: Green one Matthew: Not what color, what kind?
  9. Matthew: Mom, What kind of walls do we have? Mommy: Yellow Matthew: Not what color, what kind? Mommy: Plaster
  10. Matthew: Mom, How does the milk get to the store from the cow? Mommy told him about the farmer having big buckets of milk from the cows that the men come and get that work in that place we just passed and then they sell it to the supermarkets where we buy it.

PreSchool Progress:

Well I am proud and a little nervous I am going to jinx myself, to report that we got our first little note today from Matthew's teacher. I had mentioned to her about the problems we faced last year and my apprehension to confuse him walking into the school with him and his current temperament with discipline from any adult. The note was hand written on pretty lined paper with an apple printed on it and it said:

Dear Mrs. MatthewsMom:

Matthew has had a fantastic 2 days at school!

He's following all directions and being very nice to his friends!!

Mrs. .....

I know I am enjoying every minute of it. He is doing so awesome. I know it is only the beginning of the second week, but I think I have a good feeling about it this time. fingers crossed....

No comments: