Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Remember When Wednesday - Matthew Christmas Memories



This morning it was a little snowy and mushy out getting ready for school. As I was getting him ready, I told Matthew that he has ten days off between Christmas Eve and January 5th, and that we would go to PA for a few days to fill in the time, just the two of us.
He wasn't happy with that. He wants to stay here and be at his house during his vacation. I told him it would only be for a few days, but he kept insisting he wants to stay at home. He wants to go sledding. I told him we could do that at home and in PA. He really kept insisting that he doesn't want to go.
I told him he hasn't been there since June and that Mommy would love for him to come with her, but he really kept insisting he didn't want to go. It's not that he doesn't want to see his family there, but I think the ride for him and the anticipated trip without Daddy being with him, was making him apprehensive.
So we shall see.
But in good news, he told me "Mommy, Christmas Morning is Next Week!!!" I said, "Yes, Santa comes on Christmas Eve and then when you wake up on Christmas morning, toys!!"
He said "LAST YEAR AND THE YEAR BEFORE, I KEPT GETTING UP EVERY DAY AND EVERY DAY AND THEN ONE DAY.......WAS FINALLY THE DAY!!!"
Yeah!!!

Too keep it this simple forever, I wish it would stay this way.....

Oh well.......

1 comment:

Fruitful Harvest said...

Hi there~
What beauitful pictures! I love pictures when the subject is not looking at the camera...what a gorgous scene with the snow! WOW! We finally got snow here in the Great Northwest on Saturday. We got more last night and school was cancelled.

Peace and Prayers,
Georgiann from The Garden Gate.