Thursday, December 4, 2008

Well Last December Post before I'm over that 40 mark

I was going to post about all that I'm thankful for being today, Thankful Thursday....but we all know about how thankful I am for my life, my son, my home and Eric...not necessarily in that order.

In a few days, I will be turning the big 41.............ugh............can't believe I can even type it, let alone say it, or read it, or feel it...

My heart and my mind feel 25...at the most!!! Some days it's younger, others it's way older..

My body when I look in the mirror and see who it looking back...just doesn't return the reflection of how I feel.

I know I'm not the only woman who wishes her hair didn't turn grey and less resistant to hair styling, her figure didn't round out where it used to be eye-catching, her body getting cold when it used to have more resilience for cold weather, her face a little more drawn and pronounced instead of clear complexion and unweathered...

But it doesn't make it any easier, knowing that I'm not alone.

I'm just not taking the aging thing well.

At least one thing will make me temporarily feel better, I will be getting my hair cut today..and I'm thinking with all of the millions of styles I have had over the years, the a-line bob type that I got last February..seems to have the most promise for me. Maybe next week I can get some of the grey colored... but one step at a time.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that Matthew thank you God, loves my hair anyway it is. Last night I asked him which style he liked my hair most.

THE KIND WHERE IT GETS WET AND YOU PUT SOAP ON IT!!!

I was giving him a bath while he said it, so I don't know if he was daydreaming about what he could do with mommy's hair when it is wet....

But at least the shorter hair will take less time to style, less color and less shampoo!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stay positive as you are, don't look back ever, continue to show your mate support and move forward. Always pause before you answer a question from anyone to make sure it is the right answer you want conveyed..as sometimes the right answer you may give can be miscontrued. You sound like you are doing your life on the right path.