Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Remember When Wednesday - My Christmas Gift from God

I know I am sooo crazy about my son, that it was once a joke by my brother in law, when Matthew was 4 months old...his picture was on the Internet more than Pamela Anderson:-)


Well, why should I stop now?





I am so thankful and lucky to have this muse to be able to show the world, how much I feel blessed.

Yes it is trying some times, now that he is approaching six years old, but when I stop to smell the roses everyday and listen to his little voice, watch his facial expressions in his jokes and animated stories and wondrous sponge for learning and showing us what he is learning; how could I not feel blessed?

Yesterday we went to his friend R's house for a play date. He had to make everyone a little scrolled piece of paper that he specially drew them a picture on from his heart. He did this on his own with no help or prodding from me. How proud was I when he couldn't wait to hand out four hand made gifts to his friends. This is the gift of giving, from his heart that I want him to learn and now it is happening. No words could express how that makes me feel.


Everyday, we have the little wonderful moments that fit in with the very trying getting up early, sticking to the routine on school days, tantrums over not getting his way with us, but when he is in one of his "awe" moments....and that's not aahhhh...that's "AWE", it is soooo worthwhile to just keep praying, keep feeling blessed and keep thanking God for my miracle.

Last night he ended the night with us, by showing how smart he is at adding!!!

Eric asked him how much is 10 plus 2.

We were only using our fingers at the time, so I thought I would hold up my fingers to help him count....he said "BE QUIET!!! I'M THINKING!!"

Eric and I held our breath while he had his head on the table and you could literally feel him thinking sooo hard..........

HE LOOKED UP AND SAID "TWELVE!!"
I literally danced the happiest dance, high fiving him and he told us "I didn't use my fingers" I counted it in my brain!!

I thought I would post some pictures to remember other Christmas past with my angel, in light

of the season upon us.

No comments: