Thursday, November 1, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Today is the first day of November. The first day of the month that celebrates being Thankful for your blessings. Every day of every year, I'm thankful but I thought it would be nice to make a special list on every Thursday during this month to really put them out there for the world to see.

My Top Ten What I'm Thankful For:


  1. I'm Thankful for my health even though it seems to let me down at times. At this point in my life, I'm here for my son and that is my most prized blessing. (I just have to quit smoking) -maybe tomorrow I'll do a list for what I need to stop doing.

  2. I'm Thankful for God's blessing of my son. No other explanation needed, my blog speaks volumes of my love for him.

  3. I'm Thankful for Eric. Without him, my son wouldn't be here ( I would have given in after years of infertility to adoption and missed out on our most wonderful blessing), I wouldn't have the most beautiful house and possibly the financially challenging ability to be a stay at home mom. I wouldn't have 17 years of memories, some good and some bad but when we hold and look at our son, that love is the strength that keeps us going when times are tough.

  4. I'm Thankful for my mother and father. I know it sounds like I'm repeating myself, but without them, I wouldn't be here. Matthew wouldn't be here. Without them I wouldn't be the person I am, the person who cherishes family as life's most prized possession and to make the most out of every day, by enjoying our health while we have it and creating the memories for our son, while we are still on this earth.

  5. I'm Thankful for my brothers. I wouldn't be used to living with men, without them. haha... They gave me the strength I needed in my life by giving me love, hugs and humor, songs in my heart and soul with some tearful moments in between but a bond that will never be broken.

  6. I'm Thankful that God gave me one more November of being in my 30's..last one!! I'm really not looking forward to it, but hey! I'm enjoying my last November!

  7. I'm Thankful for music. I know it sounds trite but it's not. It's in my soul. I need it in me to get through every day. The days I don't get to have those moments to feel my soul, everyone around me knows it.

  8. I'm Thankful for my blessing from God of my singing. I know I don't sing in church like I should or in a choir or a band, but I still know what a blessing I've been given and appreciate that part of me.

  9. I'm Thankful for God's beautiful world. I have been blessed to see Alaska, California, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, Maryland, Florida, Ireland and Cancun. I wish I had time in my life to take Matthew on a road trip of the whole country to really see all of God's beautiful landscaping scenery of the mountains, lakes and everything in between.

  10. I'm Thankful for my time to blog, because God knows I need an outlet for my soul and this is it.
I will be leaving you today with one last picture of my little guy on Halloween night.


Thankful for Daddy who gave me my Spiderman:



1 comment:

Suzy said...

Matthew's mom,
Sounds like you have many blessings to be thankful for!

I was tracking the visits to my blog and found that someone had come from your blog, so I just had to investigate!I was so suprised to see "SUZY'S BLOOMERS"on your list of blogs!I feel honored.I've enjoyed visiting your blog and I'll be back!
Suzy