Friday, January 30, 2009

Fantasy Friday - Another Reality Mom's Night Out! & more

Well, it's funny. Some people will say "How was your weekend?" or "Aren't you glad, it's Friday!!"

When your a stay at home mom (currently looking for part time work from home at night again), weekends and Friday's aren't the same as they are for the normal working folk.

For the past six years (one more week), every day, every minute, every second, every year....has been combined into one long and lovingly rewarding from Matthew, space of time.

Unfortunately, Papa Swan is still in between jobs, as well, so when he is home, it's like one long weekend as well. It's a good thing for Matthew, he has Daddy to play with him, to help me with errands and housework, and even meeting other mom's for Matthew's scheduled play dates, when I have been sick.

During the past six years, one friend of mine has been consistently there for me. My friend P, aka Twins Mom. Her heart and devotion to me and not letting my lack of phone calls affect her friendship and for that, I am so thankful.

Tonight, together with her and another wonderful friend, N (R's mom), we will finally get out into the real world on a Friday night. With other people that have jobs during the week, and still schedule dates with friends, or real dates for the movies.

It's something how something that simple, can be so taken for granted.

When I was younger, literally every week I either brought my little brother Phil with me to the movies, or went on dates with girlfriends or otherwise to movies every week twice a week...sometimes twice in the same day. hehe

Granted our financial situation, makes my enjoying movies at the theater a fantasy these days. Thank God for P's coupons!!!!

Tonight Mama Swan is going to see Revolutionary Road with Kate Winslet and Leo DiCaprio. The last two movies Papa Swan and me saw actually in the theater, was one before Matthew was born, and then ten years ago Titanic. He doesn't like the seating in the theater, and would prefer to watch them at home.

I am so looking forward to being with the girls tonight to see the reunion, in this movie. Their chemistry is unbelievable.

Nothing like that unbridled love to make my Friday night! Not to mention my weekend! Or year!

No comments: