Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thankful Thursday - First day of 2009

A couple of days ago, I was thinking of having some old friends over with their kids for New Year's eve. Thought it was time and Matthew could play with the kids and stay up late, for his first time.

Due to the snow storm, we got 7 inches yesterday and we're pretty much housebound.

The night before, I was awake all night thinking of things in my head and not being able to fall asleep. One was - about 7 or 8 years ago, we were going to have a New Year's eve party and for some reason, it didn't pan out. I had bought decorations, blowers, hats, those hand things that rattle, balloons etc....

Yesterday afternoon I asked Eric, if he had seen that old bag that we never used. He thought I had thrown it out. We were all down in our basement, with the fire going while Matthew was creating beautiful artwork from his Blendy Pens Santa got him. I looked across the room, and jumping right out at me - was the bag.

We had the best time decorating the basement and having our own little party to decorate and Matthew hung his pictures all over the place, helped me put up streamers.

Eric braved the blizzard to get us Chinese for dinner, and Matthew said "I want to do this every New Years Eve."

Around 8:30, it was time for him to go to bed and I don't know what made me think of it, but am so glad I did.

I said to Papa Swan, "Let's pretend it's midnight with him right now and countdown and wear the stuff and blow those thingamagigs and yell Happy New Year!!" We did..and then we ended Matthew's night with a nice family hug and warm wishes for us and love, hugs and kisses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good article, good things, good feelings, good BLOG!