Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mama Swan's Night Out - The Great Escape and Matthew's Two Top Front Teeth





On Satuday night, I had a much needed and planned night out with some old and new friends. About a month ago, I found a sign at a local club for a Journey Tribute Band.
They are called The Great Escape.
What a fitting title.
I had planned to see them, we got tickets for a few mom friends to get out and what an ESCAPE it was.
The pub where they were playing was a little tight quarters, but so worth it. I had a few too many Smithwicks that four days later, I'm still feeling.
On the way out the door to go out with my friends, Matthew yells "I LOST MY TOOTH!!" We look at him, as blood is covering his mouth from his front tooth that came out.
I only have one picture now of the one tooth, before my ESCAPE was done, when I came home Papa Swan said "The one next to it came out too!"
Now everything he does in so precious with his little toothless grin. He can be so bold and with that grin...we are just dying with love and a little laughter on the inside. I can't believe my little guy who just turned six has now lost four teeth. The ones on the bottom he lost last summer after a light saber incident. They are now coming in.
Everytime I look at his picture from last year on my desktop, I just sigh at the little baby teeth in his smile that are now gone.

No comments: