Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Remember When Wednesday - Little brother P TRYING OUT FOR AMERICAN IDOL



Alright I've been sick since Sunday and there is so much I want to share about Matthew, but I have to take time out again now to blog/brag about my little brother P. I should start another blog just for issues other than Matthew, but right now I don't have the time.

A few posts ago, I mentioned my little brother hopefully trying out for Philadelphia's auditions for American Idol. I hadn't posted anything since then because at first he turned me down, saying he hated to burst my bubble but... After some more encouragement on my part, my brother J's part and my father's part, we've talked him into it.


He is going on Friday for the beginning of a long weekend worth of standing in line and auditioning. I just wanted to put up a request for prayers. Not that he needs them, but they never hurt.


The other night he broke the news to me that he had changed his mind and talked to his company and let me know they were going to be supportive. Once his concerns were out of the way he is now realizing that this is an experience of a lifetime.

The next morning when I woke up, I was in my bathroom and I looked up to the ceiling and told my mother "You're little boy is trying out for American Idol!!!!!!!!!". I immediately filled with tears knowing how proud and happy she would be and how she will watch over him in the next few days and give him hugs when he needs that extra "oomph" to keep having the strength to stay in that line. She will be with him and that gives me the peace, when I can't be there for him.

I would have loved to stand in line with him and hold his hand, but someone else needs me to hold his hand now. I know that when my little brother hears the words though "YOU'RE GOING TO HOLLYWOOD !!", that we will try and plan something to be able to support him while he is there. Matthew's never been to California. It would be a nice family vacation for us with Daddy maybe for a long weekend.

I just want to give one more blog of support before P goes. I love him and have loved him for so long. He is my little brother that is standing still despite the hardships in his life that he overcame. He has more strength than most due to that he has been through alot in his early life and he is now getting a chance to do something for himself that I am praying when he wins, he will have the peace and happiness (along with the riches) that he deserves.

No comments: