Wednesday, February 21, 2007

February's almost over

Well, with the month almost done I thought I should probably try to type in one more blog before month's end. I will be heading to my hometown this weekend for the mass for my mom, so I will be a little distracted.

I will be glad when March is here! Spring!!! Yeah!!! (hopefully) This winter even though the weather has been mild, has been unberably long to me. I think because Matthew didn't do well with preschool and our descision to keep him home til next fall, everyday is longer than normal. We are really missing the mom and baby connections of socializing in a school setting, of just having a routine everyday or even a few days a week keeps you going. When you don't have that every day becomes this long day of trying to keep him entertained. And that's hard. I think alot of moms in my neighborhood work, because I don't see anyone out there in the winter time, so if you don't make those connections when the weather is nice, you're in trouble in your immediate neighborhood.

We had all wonderful plans to get him involved in classes anyway to keep him active and socialized, but financially it isn't an option right now. I do have him signed up for a free preschool age craft time next week at the library, but it is only an hour. It is hard juggling staying at home for the benefit of being there for your child vs. working full time so you can afford for them to have advantages in life. We don't know how other parents do it with more than one child or even with both working. We give them credit because we know with just one child, how hard it is and he is only 4! And we know that before long, I will have to rejoin the "paying" workforce because it's a necessity. We just don't see how though before he starts full time in school in kindergarten or first grade that we could afford daycare to make that happen, we still don't even have a babysitter:-)

On a happier note, I really want to add something he said so funny last week to my blog. More so I don't forget someday. Last Thursday (day after valentine's day) I asked him for my usual kiss (one of many I ask for in a day) and he pointed his finger at me waving it and saying "no, no, no mommy it's not valentine's day no more"!!!!! I am still in shock over this absolute use of manpower to Mommy!! First of all, my husband denies saying anything to him to prompt it! Secondly he is with me every second of the day, how did this little "man" in him come out??? Up to that day for every day of his life, he never said anything to me and always gladly kissed Mommy when asked! I don't think I'll ever get over it:-)

No comments: