Friday, February 9, 2007

He's sleeping now in his Spiderman bed

Aaaahhhh....For his birthday, Matthew asked us for Spiderman bedding...it was really cute because he was excited when he said it and so I got him the ensemble the night before his birthday. I had to take him to Walmart with me because at this time I was running around like a lunatic trying to get ready for his party (that we canceled). Anyway, he was happy when he got home and saw the size of spiderman on the comforter. He has a full size bed so he's a big spiderman:-)

The next morning when he woke up I hadn't made his bed up yet or even washed the sheets, so my husband had another gift for him to actually open on his birthday morning. He gave him a battery operated race track..Matthew's face lit up like Christmas and said "Thanks Dad, it's what I always wanted". .. like he had been wanting it for 20 years instead of the 4 he was now alive. He also thaked mommy for my hideous looking but wonderfully tasting birthday cake I gave him for breakfast:-) I never do that, but I think because I didn't contribute to the gift he was opening, I felt like hey....Mommy has something for you too.... I told Eric that I would be Bill Cosby that morning giving him chocolate cake. I told Matthew, Hey you know that Lil Bil on Nick Jr...when he grew up he gave his little boy chocolate cake for breakfast and his mommy wasn't too happy :-) lol

We took him into Museum of Science on his birthday. Family time is so important to me and so it means alot to Matthew, to me and my husband to go out of your way once in awhile if possilbe to make your child feel like the center of the earth and that they are more important than any meetings, work, house or anything..so they know that wow....my mommy and daddy love me so much and this is a memory that I am either going to remember or my mom is going to make a movie and take a million pics to make sure I remember it. I just wish we had gotten into Boston earlier...live and learn. We only had 5 hours and Matthew wanted to spend 2 of them in this discovery center (like a Children's Museum) on the first floor....next time we will hit the top floor and work our way down. It was so wonderful but overwhelming for him. Every time he turned his head, he was yelling look at this! He said his favorite part was going in the Apollo space shuttle with Mommy and Daddy and the Dinosaurs!

Too bad he had a cold too....and then the next morning I woke up stuffy... Good news now though. His Aunt in Boston is going to let us use her house tomorrow for his little cousins to be able to celebrate his birthday with him. We're still not feeling the best, but I don't think we are contagious anymore and right now, I just want him to have his family around him singing him "Happy Birthday". Next year, I am still aiming for Mickey Mouse.

And right now he is napping in his Spiderman bed...he is all grown up. Yesterday he was in his fishy comforter bedding...now by his own choice Spiderman...:-)

No comments: