Thursday, July 26, 2007

Funnies from Matthew

I have been slacking on putting up some really hysterical stuff coming out of Matthew's mouth these days. I really have to get back to writing it all down like back in February when I was blogging every day.
  • This morning he told Eric and myself that he wanted to go to an Indoor Carnival that was Outside. I mentioned that Mommy can't drive far this week because Daddy's truck is broken and he is using my car for work. He said' It's not far Mommy". I said "What town is it near?" He mentioned a town in MA and then preceded to give us driving directions on how to get there. You take that road, go up that way, then go over there and take it the other way. I said"Oh". He said go on and find their site mom, GOOGLE IT!!!!!! (some lingo his tech support Daddy taught him)
I am dying inside everyday from the stuff he says. I could just laugh all day if I want to.
  • Earlier I had to drop him with my neighbor, really unexpected because his car seat isn't hooked up in my husband's truck. We had to take it out earlier in the week to go with Grandpa to Boston and out of site out of mind since then. I told my neighbor, I'll be back in 10 minutes. When I returned, Matthew and I were eating pizza when I asked him what did him and Grammy R (nickname for very close loving neighbor) talk about. He mentioned "The Patriots and Tom Brady". I said "OH? What did you guys talk about with Tom Brady?" He said he told her that his Mom loves him. (and I do, smart kid)

  • This morning we were getting dressed while playing with his life size Elmo that Uncle M. gave him for his first Christmas. He likes when we pretend to be and talk like Elmo or Cookie Monster in Daddy's case. This morning I was Elmo and I said Elmo wants to see you put your shirt on all by yourself!! Yeah! Hi -5!! After he was dressed, Matthew told Elmo "Remember that time when we came to see you at Sesame Street(aka Sesame Place)! How come you wouldn't talk to me then?" Elmo said because there were so many kids around that he was overwhelmed and shy but that he did hug him and Mommy also made sure during the parade that we were not leaving without a hug from Cookie Monster. He said he remembers. Then he goes to tell Elmo that when he is shy- he needs to hold his nose and then hold his breath? (We are having problems with him learning and listening at the YMCA for swimming lessons). Elmo then told him that he will remember to do that if when he goes to swimming lessons, he listens and then learns from the teacher. He huffed and puffed and walked away.

  • I have learned many a mom lesson from PBS. Caliou's(animated 4 year old little boy cartoon) mom in particular. She has it so pulled together with a husband that is also very impressive as a father to two little ones. Today she did something so simple. Acted like a robot with the remote control being the remote for the robot. We have been doing it now all day and he is having so much fun. Every time he says the word "Emperor moochjlere!!", I pretend it is the sleep mode and close my eyes and go limp like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz. He has done his robot ABC's, counted to 10 and did a few gymnastic moves in between. We have done some robotic dances and songs. He is now in Emperor moochijere mode and I have to wake him up for more fun in the afternoon. It is a good way to spend the afternoon in an air conditioned house on a 95 degree day when you are housebound due to a broken truck, no car seat hooked up etc.

No comments: