Friday, July 27, 2007

LAST FRIDAY IN JULY........................SIGH..........

I can not believe that today is the last Friday in July. That July will be over on Monday. I wait so long for this month every year and this has to be the fastest it has ever gone by. I know my being busy with Matthew this month has a lot to do with it, but still. He is going to be starting preschool in 5 weeks....sigh.....
I feel like I have to rush in everything I've ever wanted to do with him while he is still little enough and the nice weather is here...and we only have 5 weeks left!
I'm hyperventilating again.
I know that he is just growing up way too fast right before my eyes. He was swimming today on our beach with his twin friends and he had a blast. It seems like yesterday we were in diapers in there playroom and he was climbing on the changing table and I was always afraid he would tip it over on them all. Now he is in climbing on furniture and couches and I'm still afraid he is going to hurt them. It is amazing how well those little girls swim too. They are little mermaids and just after a few months worth of lessons at the YMCA.

That's why I can't get discouraged by his lack of wanting to learn or be taught anything by an instructor. He has his third lesson tomorrow with Daddy taking him and then I will start twice a week and I am hoping by the end of August my little merman will be keeping up with his mermaids.
Princess N is coming tonight for the weekend as well and she is another little fish. It's amazing how once they learn to hold their breath and go under they really love it. I don't know why Matthew is so against me or his father or anyone else teaching him. He has a stubborn Irish streak in him that he doesn't want to do something until he is ready.


Today he saw one of the twins swimming underwater right near him in the water and from a few feet away I saw him hold his breath and almost put his face in but his fear stopped him. I then said "Can Mommy help you?" NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He wants to try and learn but wants to show he is a big boy who can do it, so I know when he is ready, he'll just do it and Mommy or Daddy will be right by his side when that happens.


No comments: