Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Take A Rat...Mix it with some sand and sun & YOU HAVE A RECIPE FOR FUN FILLED DAYS

I haven't had a chance to post again because I haven't had the time. We've been having so much fun.

It all started on Thursday when we decided to hang out around our house for most of the day. Matthew hadn't had a nap and around 4:30 pm he was running around like a chicken missing his head...he needed to sleep. I mouthed the words to Eric without saying them out loud that if he napped this late in the day, maybe we could try the drive-in again because Ratatouille was there.
He said "Let's play it by ear".
Matthew woke up an hour later and had dinner with us on our patio. Afterwards Matthew said "How about now we go somewhere?" (He was getting used to having Daddy home all week and our week of adventures)
Eric asked him where he wanted to go? (expecting to hear playground) Next thing you know Matthew said "Hey I know!! Remember that time when we drove really far to see that movie? " Eric and I looked at each other like did you tell him? (we both said we didn't)
We said "Do you mean the drive-in?" That time we took you to see Shrek 3 and Spiderman 3 but couldn't get in due to high traffic being Memorial Weekend. We were only a few cars away, when they were sold out.
Matthew said "Yes".
We said well there is a movie playing there tonight about a rat?
Would you like to go?
He said "Yeah!!!" Him and Mommy moved around like lightening to get us there in time this time. I wasn't going to have him be heartbroken again and thought for sure the day after the fourth of July with people on vacations that we would hit traffic again. We didn't!! We were one of the first few cars there and had 1/2 hour to wait before the movie started.
Matthew thought it was awesome and had such a great time. I wish that this country still had more of drive-ins. What a wonderful way to spend time as a family out in the night air (filled with mosquito's and later severe thunderstorm).
I was hoping to have a moment with Johnny Depp afterwards, in Pirates of the Caribbean but it wasn't appropriate for my little 4 year old. Especially at 11 pm. So we left early and headed home in time for a thunderstorm. I hate driving at night in storms. At least we got his movie in and he got to have that moment.
On Friday we decided to head to my sister in law's again on the Cape. Eric went deep sea fishing on my brother in law's boat and got caught in a storm but they made it back safely. While he was catching 20 stripers (this time not an exaggeration), Matthew and I headed for our first adventure to the beach just us. We had never done it before, and I can't understand why. Just me and my Baby Galileo (Baby Einstein video-that he always loved). We were on our adventure of collecting shells and rocks and we had a wonderful time. I wish I hadn't forgot my camera again that day.
On Saturday, we decided to visit with family now on this side of the ocean, before you cross the bridge heading to Cape Cod. It was a beautiful, but choppy and windy day on the beach and Daddy got to make sand castles with his little boy.
After a few hours in the sun we headed to a restaurant nearby and I had mussels cooked Portuguese style with Chorice, oil, basil, tomatoes...it was unbelievable. My only complaint was when Eric took Matthew in the men's room, they had pin-up pictures from the 50's of Playboy girls and Matthew said "Look Daddy at the Bum" (giggling and turning red)
Eric said he doesn't know how he only saw the Bum in those pics and nothing else, but Thank You God for Small favors......
Yesterday we caught up with my old wonderful friend from RI. We had a wonderful 5 hours at her house playing and swimming. Her son and Matthew are really starting to click now. He is 5 and his sister is 8 and Matthew adores both of them. We are hoping tomorrow to see them at the zoo.
It's going to be another busy week.
Tomorrow we are going with my mom's meetup group to the zoo and on Friday with another mom I've met to a water park about 2 hours away. Next Week we are going to Six Flags with my long lost little niece who we miss with her mom and her sisters. Starting on July 31st Matthew will start his swimming lessons at the YMCA twice a week. I am hoping he will hold his breath and start learning how to swim soon, because Mommy is nervous in the meantime.
Well.........catch up with you all later.





No comments: