Tuesday, May 22, 2007

BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS & FINALE WEEK

This morning I was woken by my little lovebug's kisses. He said, "Let me in with you Mommy. It's so cold and your so warm and comfortable and cute". Only through the eyes of my child, could I be cute in the morning these days. He really is all I need to get out of bed every day. He is better than any cup of coffee or the sun shining through the windows.

Today his tactics were while jumping on my bed with me in it and yelling "I KNOW!! LETS DO BEDKNOBS!!

Next thing you know he is saying magical words and first stop - DISNEY WORLD!!
  • Mommy, I don't know how elephant's fly!! Look at Dumbo with Lumpy!! (Heffalump from Winnie the Pooh) Mickey is here!! Mommy!!! Say Hello to Micky!! I said "Honey, You know Mommy doesn't like mice"... He said "HE"S FRIENDLY!!" I then told him the only mice I ever liked were Cinderella's. Next thing you know...BAM! There in my bed!! And coming out of the cracks they live in the walls. He held little Gus in his hand while I petted his fur. He took him off the bed and put him on the table and then said "He's such a chubby little guy". I said "Do you know who Mommy has always wanted to meet ever since she was a little girl?" He said "Buzz Lightyear". I said, "CINDERELLA!!" BAM!! Cinderella was there with me in bed. I told her how I always wanted to have tea with her.
  • Next stop!! Mommy!! HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO NOGGIN? We then had visits by Franklin, Moose A Moose, Upside Down Guys, Little Bear, Dora....
  • Finally last stop PBS...Again, we had visits from The Tree Sloth and Monkeys from It's A Big World. They were in our trees outside the window. I said "Ok, Mommy has to get up and go downstairs now".

We walked downstairs with Clifford The Big Red Dog and Emily Elizabeth. Matthew is continuing his game downstairs giving Clifford one of his bowling balls as a bone. I told him he is so thoughtful.

Over the weekend, we were in a cleaning out mood. For the first time in 17 years, Eric let go of some of his clothes for the Salvation Army. I was almost in tears with joy, I knew that if I held out long enough, he would come around. We cleaned out our closet and put away some winter items and really made alot of room in there that was hidden for the last few months.

Matthew offered some of his baby toys to his little 2 year old neighbor down the street. Yesterday we visited with her while he opened every toy, book and puzzle to show her how they worked. I am so proud of this new side of him that I knew also would come someday. I never wanted to push giving away his toys until he understood and had it in him, to give. To see the excitement in someone else's face and just the joy of giving in itself. He did it all with love and happiness. The only cranky moment was when it came time to come home. He is so sweet and thoughtful and I'm proud that these attributes are now coming out of him.

I am making my blogging less these days because we are so busy. Either getting the house ready for the nice weather or out today playing at the playground. We are just so happy that WINTER is gone!!! I'm not afraid to type it.....it's not coming back! At least not for a few more months.

Finally, I just wanted to say!! Hooray for FINALE WEEK!!! I am tired of being tied to the TV at night. I don't mind if it is my choice, but when I am addicted and can't stop until that final week, I don't like that. Last night on The Bachelor, Officer and A Gentleman...I was torn between the two women he would choose and knew whoever didn't survive was going to be heartbroken. It was so emotional and I wound up crying with Bevin as she drove away in the limo. But then so happy when Tessa wound up getting him. I was really rooting for her all along, until recently when Bevin went to Hawaii. Anyway, alls well that ends well. And himself a PA boy!!! Not too shabby!!

Tonight!! AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so upset last week to see Melinda go!! I watched American Idol Extra on Reality Remix to watch her exit interview and she is always so gracious. I really am excited that she got this far and can't wait for her album to come out.

Now!!! GO JORDIN SPARKS!!!!

And then that's it!!! I don't get hooked again until next January. I am hoping one of these years though to get a Tivo or something to tape it down so I don't have to be so bound to it.

That's it for now...playground calling!

No comments: