Thursday, May 3, 2007

Head Spinning Thursday- Preschool, The Mall & Missing My Girlie Side

I didn't think I would be able to blog today!!

I am only going to have a second to blog. Matthew fell asleep today on the way home from the mall, but he just woke up as he heard the typing from all the way upstairs. hehe

We had an appointment today with a woman from a local preschool. We were concerned about some of his mixed consonant sounds. I was sure that once he is in school around kids all day, that it was something he would outgrow. According to the woman, she agrees. She said it is appropriate to his age and that she had no problem understanding him. If come September or October, we want to have him re-evaluated, we are more than welcome to at that time. I'm not concerned. I had a lisp in first grade that I had to have help with. He (at this point) doesn't have a lisp, but more mispronouncing words...like fray for play, or t's instead of a hard C or K like tar instead of car or tat instead of cat. I am thankful that he was seen anyway though, just to ease our minds. He was accepted at that preschool for 3 mornings starting in the fall....yeah!!!

When we left the school, he wanted to go to the mall and Mommy didn't fight him because I needed something nice and up to date to wear to my niece's Holy Communion. He promised me he would be good.

Last time I took him to this 3 story mall was before Christmas. He pulled a tantrum on me about not wanting to leave and threw himself in front of my legs as I was coming off of an escalator. Not only did I almost fall on him, but older people sitting on a bench were looking at me like don't I know how to keep my son under control. I'm sure they weren't thinking that, but mom's out there, you know the look I mean. Just when you are having a really hard time, they are looking at you and not smiling either and they always seem to be in the same place as you are when you are having a bad moment.

So my heart was panicking before we even got to the mall today remembering our last trip. I didn't remind him of it, just told him that he needed to listen to me, stay out from under all the clothing racks and that we would visit the puppies, have lunch and go on his rides (money operated ride-on toys in food court) and then come home and pack for PA.

He was doing good, considering Mommy hasn't shopped for herself in a mall in probably a year. I usually will go to TJMaxx and just buy the one thing I need in my size and hope and pray it fits when I get home. I just never make the time to go clothes shopping for myself when Eric gets home at night or on the weekends. That's my fault. I could take off for an hour or two to specifically update my yucky wardrobe, but I'm usually cleaning or doing something else. I need to make an effort and promise Eric I won't break the bank.

I think I've saved him alot of money over the last 4 years on my wardrobe alone. It's something when you aren't headed out to the office everyday, your life has become sweats, jeans and sneakers. I wore pantyhose on Easter and Matthew couldn't get over them. He had never seen them on me before. I used to have a million pairs in my drawers and a million skirts and girlie things too but I have become so used to dressing quickly and without effort I have to re-learn my girlie side again. Not that I'll be wearing pantyhose to the park, but maybe a nice pink pair of Capri's with my toe nails painted pink and some pink earrings. Can you tell I'm missing my pink side?

Yesterday's blog was for my husband (obviously). I thought he would get a kick out of it and it might warm his heart. He said "It was good, Although I didn't get the prince, princess and the king part".....huh???? I told him that is also my girlie side...the little girl in me who never wants to give up the fairytale if even if it is just in my head while I'm blogging. I wanted him to know that was literally how I saw our meeting. That I still am that little girl who dreamed of walking down the aisle in her white gown...even though it already happened. I guess it is just another part of being a girl that you don't lose.

Well, we have mounds of packing to do, so you might not hear from me for a few days. All 2 of you....and who knows maybe you might.

Aren't you glad I only had a second today to blog?

No comments: