Saturday, May 26, 2007

Reasons Why I love New England




For the past 24 hours I have been searching for photos to express what I wanted to get across. Unfortunately, alot of my pictures that I have need to be scanned and so I am so thankful that the world wide web has so many avenues to provide me with these photos.


  • The first picture is of Point Judith Lighthouse in Rhode Island and was taken by roddh's photos at Flickr. It is really a beautiful picture.

Eric and I discovered PJ a million years ago when he had his Chevy Blazer. We used to go on adventures looking for 4 wheel drive paths near the ocean whether Cape Cod, Rhode Island and even in New Hampshire and Maine. Basically anywhere we drove, if we saw what looked like a nice beaten path, we would check it out.

One year, Point Judith is what we found. You can't see from the picture but on the other side of the lighthouse is a jetty that form's a little inlet where you can go swimming. We have had a lot of fun there and hope to start bringing Matthew now that Memorial Weekend is here!



  • The next picture is of a view towards a village near Padnoram, MA which is near South Dartmouth, MA. Again, I was lucky to find this picture from a real estate rental website. Unfortunately, the rentals are 3K a week, so we won't be taking advantage of the home.

Eric and I also discovered Horseneck Beach in Westport, MA which eventually led us to South Dartmouth. We love Padnoram Village and I tried like heck to get a picture to really show the beauty of the village that has been in existence since 1652. It is an old fishing village that is still a very active harbor and is now a very quaint New England coastal village with such beautiful charm. It is very small, yet very beautiful. Every house on the main road has beautiful gardens similar to the ones Nantucket is popular for.

  • The last picture is another wonderful find on Flickr by saucygrrl's photostream. The trail is at Coonamesett Farm in Falmouth, MA.

Another favorite of mine. Eric and I found this before we bought our house. We would take our canoe and bring it down the cape with our blazer and one day, we said "Where does this trail go?" The trail in the picture doesn't show the beauty of what I'm trying to portray. I am hoping now with my digital camera to get back there to really show the place I'm talking about. The trail that we found is God's heaven on earth on the Cape. The trail we took led us through a deep dense forest with humongous trees (that got really hit with Hurricane Bob). The path led to Coonamessett Lake. It was like a Gold Mine find for us in those days and we have many wonderful memories of that time and place.

There are so many more beautiful places around New England that I love but Eric will kill me if I stay on the computer all morning. We have to make more memories, now with Matthew.

No comments: