Friday, June 29, 2007

Fantasy Friday - Another Fantasy Now A Reality




For years now I have dreaded Matthew playing in his own yard with little friends, because of how unsafe it is. Matthew is used to it being his own yard but Mommy is always a nervous wreck anyway due to us being on the lake and the yard not being fenced in or landscaped and safe to fall down on.

Today the twins came for a much missed out on play date. We were going to go to the beach across from us on the lake, but decided due to the weather we would have them come to play inside instead.

Well with a little hesitation at first by me, they went around back and played with Matthew's sand toys, next they were playing with his play set that Daddy is almost finished with. I brought out his kitchen set and table for his friends and with a little lunch in between, both kids and Mommy's had an awesome time!!!

I can't believe it has taken me this long to be able to sigh and sit down in my backyard on a chair and watch my son happily play with his friends. He was still my little wild Spiderman, but mostly he stayed within bounds and they all really played nice.

I can't wait to do it again.

Tomorrow Princess N is coming with her brother and we will be going to the zoo for a few hours, so Matthew is in his glory.

Three girls in 48 hours.

No comments: