Friday, June 15, 2007

FANTASY FRIDAY - BECOMING REALITY


Well I hope I don't jinx us, but today Fantasy is becoming REALITY!!!!
For the past few years since we moved back into our house, we have been making do with the above patio set. Eric has been holding out for a teak one but being on a single income, we have had to wait and pray and keep checking craigslist until now.
Teak is way more expensive than we can handle, so this is the only way we could do it. Tables alone sell for 1K and up not including chairs, umbrellas, stands and cushions.
I am happy to say that for Father's Day, Mommy found the set above with a table and 2 more chairs for a really wonderful deal. Of course, free or a little less would be better, but we'll take it considering the last time I found one at a deal was a year ago and we missed out on it. The quality of the set will hold out and will make the expense worth it. It is 3 years old and already a little silvered so it has that Cape Cod feel.
I am so happy to finally have this happen. I've been really hoping we could start entertaining on our deck and now we have the seats for others to finally join us. It is a great father's day gift that I know Eric is going to have many years enjoying dinners overlooking the lake.
Tomorrow we are expecting our long lost friends from RI so it will be just in time and I can't think of anyone better to experience our set with and hopefully it will be the start of many, many more get togethers with friends old and new.

No comments: