Monday, June 18, 2007

Manic Monday with A Mission - Mission Complete

I've mentioned in the past that we have lots of little girls around that Matthew has been lucky to have as friends.

Mommy has been on a mission for the past few years to find him a little friend that is a boy in the neighborhood or one close enough that he sees more than once a month. We have had no luck through moms groups or clubs in finding a friend for him to play with where Mommy makes a connection too.

The little boy up the street from us that we have invited twice to play hasn't worked out. The mother didn't take me up on the offer to have him come and get together to play. It breaks my heart and brings up alot of my own self esteem insecurities and makes it really hard for me to keep trying.

Last night though, after my son having another wonderful weekend with Mommy & Daddy, I decided enough is enough. I told Matthew that today first thing really early, we could either take a walk around our block and make a personal invitation to play and put it in someone's mail box and hopefully that would get a reply, we could go to another local playground hoping again today is the day or we could go to our beach on our lake and hope that there might be some moms and kids his age there that live nearby. He opted for my third suggestion, so I was on a mission.

This morning, first thing I let him know that if we are going to the beach today, we needed new sand toys and that first we would go and get those and then come home and change and drive to the beach.

While out, we noticed signs for a carnival coming up and when I told Matthew about it, he mentioned that "maybe the new friends at the beach would want to go". I said, "That's a great idea!"

We went to the beach and there was one woman on the beach with one little boy in the water. He ran up to him and immediately started playing with him. The woman sitting was joined by another woman who wound up being the mother of both of them. An hour later, best buddies they've become and Matthew is yelling to the Mom on the beach "Do you want to go to the carnival?" She said "YES!" Mommy is very happy because they seem so nice and we have a few things in common which helps. They are very down to earth and we not only have plans now for the carnival, but McDonalds (Ronald is going to be there) and two more beach days planned. All in one week!! Yeah!!!!!!!!

Sorry...can't hold back my excitement. The mom is a few years older than me and she's looking for mom's in the area too to go to dinner with or get together with.

We are also expecting our long lost friends from RI tomorrow for another playdate at noon so Matthew is going to have a great week. And that means Mommy will have a great week. And if Mommy has a great week, Daddy has a great week...and the wheel just keeps turning and turning....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a super fun week planned. I hope you ahve tons of fun and the wheels keep turning for ya.. {{hugs}}