Friday, October 5, 2007

Mommy's letter to Matthew (week in review)

Dear Matthew,

This week you made Mommy so proud. You had a busy week at school and play dates with some new and old friends.

You are really doing great at keeping us both busy.

While you're building your own friendships, you unknowingly are making friends for Mommy (the moms of your new friends).

You are so outgoing, personable and caring that I know you are going far in life with these qualities alone.

In one week, we've gone to the playground with the triplets and her sister, to school, to have lunch and play with a new schoolmate and her twin brothers and today to a wonderful little zoo and playground that we love with R and N and their mom.

You had such a wonderful time and you and R are becoming such good buddies. You even thanked him for inviting you to his "Scooby Doo Party" next week. As usual, your loving ways with N, touched her heart and mine. I'm told you are number #2 on her birthday list in January.

You made a Red Sox Buddie at school while celebrating Red Sox week.

They are in the playoffs again and tonight Daisuke Matsuzaka will be pitching against the Angel's. Everyone in MA is cheering them on. Your Red Sox Buddie is so cute with the body of a baseball that you drew and cut out with your scissors. It is right up in the window next to our Halloween decorations for the world to see. Last week you made a really cute green wiggly worm because it was Apple Week.

You are loving the songs you learn everyday. Sometimes you remember the words, but sometimes you don't. That's ok, because you also have the uncanny ability to come up with your own words. The other day in the car you sang a song about Mickey Mouse.

When Mommy told you how much I loved that song, you mentioned "Every time I look at something, my brain makes me want to sing".

I taught you the word "INSPIRATION".

I explained that inspiration is what Mommy used to have, when she would write her own lyrics 20 years ago. I said that for Mommy though, I needed a moment on the riverbank with a notebook and pen and no distractions for my creativity to flow. I told you that you don't have that problem, you have the talent of immediate creativity to create that song.

Sometime before today is done, we are making that scarecrow that Mommy promised and decorate the front of the house with that little bale of hay I bought. You really are loving this season and having fun doing anything arts and crafts.

Over the weekend, you and Daddy made two black construction paper projects with Halloween velvet stickers on them and they came out awesome!

Last but not least. Yesterday I asked you again (for the millionth time) if you would marry Mommy? You mentioned (for the millionth time) no, that I'm married to Daddy. I said "But I want to be married to both of you".

You said "I CAN'T MOMMY...................................DADDY LOVED YOU FIRST.."

I LOVE YOU HONEY.
THANK YOU FOR BEING MY MIRACLE AND MY WORLD.
Love
Mommy

xoxoxox

1 comment:

Amanda said...

This was beautiful, I think Matthew is pretty be blessed to be your son, don't forget that, special mama, don't ever forget that.