Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What you see AND What you don't see

This is as good as it gets these days for a picture of Mommy & Matthew. Taken by the moms Meetup group that I am part of.

We went to an unbelievable (thank God we had a group discount or I would have been disappointed) farm with our wonderful new friend N and her son R and other moms that are also apart of this same group.

Tougas Farm was actually beautiful with some animals and a really cool playground with an upper boardwalk type ramp for the goats to climb over (really cool), a tractor ride into a pumpkin patch, some apple cider and apple donuts.

My favorite part of the whole moment was entering this town, I was in PA. The beautiful leaves on the trees with the beautiful hills (not mountains) surrounding little valleys and it was a sunny day, to boot!

As you can see by my attire, I am sporting Eric's Patriots hat these days. I need more hats but right now, I don't have that luxury. I only have maybe one more month and my hair should be all one length again and I can stop wearing my hats all together.

I can't win, today I overdressed us. Home was nippy and the weatherman called for 58 degrees in Northboro, MA so I thought I was all set, sporting a nice turtleneck and fleece jacket and Matthew in his sweater and turtleneck with a jean jacket on. He later threw that at me.

After leaving the farm, we headed toward home and decided to have a "Friendly" lunch with coupon and to buy some much needed long sleeve shirts and sweaters for Matthew. Tomorrow is school picture day so we are now all set.

He went on some Spiderman and Batman rides also today so he is now satisfied and watching Frosty the Snowman as he anticipates Christmas.

He was awesome in traffic on the way to the farm today. He didn't care. He was mentioning what a beautiful day it was, what a beautiful truck that was, what a beautiful car that was. I mentioned that was nice and that he was my beautiful little boy. He said Thanks Mom. Your my beautiful Big Girl.

The other day he told me I was beautiful and I almost broke down and cried because I was the farthest thing from it.

After we left Friendly's and clothes shopping, he mentioned how beautiful today was, how it was such a great day to go to the farm, on the tractor, pick a pumpkin, have lunch at Friendly's with Monster Mash ice cream, go on Spiderman, go on Batman, go on Dump Truck rides and then buy some shirts....what a beautiful day...sigh...

He is so funny.

We are comparing his little life to ours growing up. We mention how, No,Our Moms didn't have us in playgroups, playdates, this park and that zoo.

But we also agree that the difference is, the moms now all work or most of them do. There are no family's hanging out on the block playing kickball. At least not in my neighborhood. And most moms agree with me that when you have large family in the area, that forms your child's family network, it is totally different and you are not spending every waking moment trying to fill that void.

Many children today (Unfortunately) don't have "that" family network, that social network and if they are an only child (chosen or not to be) they need rewarding and fulfilling moments to help add opportunities for them to be the most special person that they can be. By just sitting by and not creating positive moments in their lives, it's like you just want to leave it up to the world to create who your child is going to be.

I'm having too much fun, tears, rewards, crying, laughing, loving, proud mom moments now to give it up.

This has been my reward for being that stay at home mom.

No comments: