Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Easter Plans, Landscaping dreams and Chicken Wings for dinner!

Well, it's official, we are having Easter Dinner at our house and I'm thrilled. I cleaned..ok...re-arranged my furniture today. I was going to take advantage of 5 minutes for mom Tackle It Tuesday's but didn't want to take a picture of my house before. I always have enough projects though, so maybe next week Tackle It Tuesday will be all mine.

Matthew was so cute today. He was again playing on Disney's site and when he finally moved away from the computer, he walked into our living room and was like "WOW MOM!!! THIS LOOKS GREAT!!! WHY DID YOU DO THIS!!!!?!?!?!?!?! AND THE TABLE IS SO BIG!!!!"

It made it all worth while. His appreciation for me cleaning up all of his toys and rearranging the furniture and that look of approval on his face was something to strive for everyday.

I told him that "Daddy's family is coming here on Sunday for dinner and there is alot of them that's why Mommy made the table bigger and I had to move your toys so your Uncles and Aunts and cousins don't fall on them right?" You would think he realized that Christmas is coming soon and it's all coming back to him.

I haven't officially spoken to my brother's or father now that we decided what we are doing, but I'm pretty sure they already had made plans.

Now I just have the rest of the week, to really deep clean the rest of the house. There are enough dust bunnies that the Easter Bunny will think he doesn't have to come here, that we have enough bunnies...ugh..LOL

I wanted to blog more about gardening plans today but it will have to wait. Last year I was on Better Homes & Gardens website and started to plan a landscaping plan for flowers and shrubs in our zone and started dreaming about my yard, but as I mentioned before until our garage is done, our yard is still going to be in rock garden mode. I was hoping to start dreaming again and getting ready for it all though when it would finally happen by keeping busy on my plan, but the site is blocked up and it's now dinner time, so another day.

I'm making Chicken Wings for Matthew for dinner. It is one of the only ways other than Nuggets that I can get a meat into him. He loves them these days with Barb-B-Que sauce. I was going to try something fancy but I am running out of time.

No comments: