Monday, April 9, 2007

MATTTHEW MADE THE PAPER & RECIPE FOR MATTHEW'S COOKIES FOR DADDY TO TAKE TO NJ

Well I was going to hold off blogging about my baby today, until I got a copy of the newspaper. I am hoping to show everyone (with some alterations for safety's sake), that he made the paper today!!! I am waiting for my online version so I can share it all with you. It is a picture of him and his little sweetheart with the Easter Bunny during an Easter Bunny stroll in our town.

The weekend started for us on Friday night when we got an unexpected visitor from Matthew's little girlfriend (to be known as N-Cinderella). They were born 4 months apart and basically it has been love since then. She is my neighbor's granddaughter and we used to get to see her when she would visit about two weekends a month, but they were recently cut down to one weekend a month and so it's been hard on him. She lives out in western MA and is a little bit of a drive for us to visit. I am also much closer to her grandmother than her mom. We used to be close when she lived next door, but she is busy, like us all now, with her life so we just don't talk the way we used to.

Matthew and her have been married in my house. In the summer she'll pick my fake flowers out of a pot and propose to him and then they walk down a little path in my living room into my living room. She is ALL Girl and such a sweetheart. They have there lover's quarrels, but mostly they are just such good friends. It is so awesome to watch them grow up and how funny they are together. Matthew jumps for her (Mommy has to talk to him about that one). I won't be putting up any pictures of her though other than my favorite black and white one from last week.

On Friday night, N-Cinderella showed up at my door and I didn't think with the holiday we would get to see her this weekend. It made Matthew's and our night. To see him so happy all weekend, having his playmate right next door to come over and play all day. We were planning on taking him to see the Easter Bunny in the center of our town on Saturday morning. When she showed up she mentioned that she was going and was all excited because she had a new dress just for the occasion and she was going with her Grammy and maybe we could go too? We decided we would. Saturday morning, Matthew all dressed up and her in her new dress with their Easter Baskets was like another "first date" for them. Every time they do something they have never experienced before with each other, it is literally like a first date. She holds his hand and he walks around with a silly grin on his face.

We went up to the center of town and as soon as we started walking toward the shoppes, the Easter Bunny was out on the sidewalk walking around. Matthew couldn't believe it. He is so shy with guys and an 8 foot bunny wasn't going to get him to look at him either. He looked at him smiling, but kind of out of the corner of his eye, like if I look you in the eye, I might just melt. I know N-Cinderella holding his hand, definitely was a big help. She has no fear and will walk up to anyone smiling and saying hello. Even walking into each of the shops to pick up Easter Treats for their Easter baskets, Matthew's head was down as if saying "You're letting me take candy out of this basket?" By the time we were done though he was an old pro, just like Halloween. It takes him a few tries to come around and then look out, he was running up to every shop that had balloons outside saying "They have CANDY!!!"

When they were with the Easter Bunny, I took pictures and a man next to me asked their names and where they were from. I told him and asked where he was from. He mentioned the newspaper and I really thought his picture would be in yesterday for the actual holiday.

I was so bummed. I really felt like, whose kid is cuter than mine to put in that paper (I'm not afraid to say it). Then this afternoon, my neighbor calls me and said it was in today's paper. I emailed my whole mom's club and all of my neighbors asking for copies. I am SO PROUD.
I am going to get it from the paper into a larger size and my neighbor is going to scan it tomorrow and send it to me.

So until then, I will just close this post with one final funny moments...ok...two..
  1. When I showed Matthew his picture in the paper, I said "Honey!!! Mommy is so proud of you, your famous, not everyone has there picture in the paper!! "He said, "Why don't you put your picture there?" I said, "Well, no paper thinks Mommy is as cute as you are!!" He said "YEAH, and look at the Easter Bunny...HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EASTERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  2. This morning, we were talking about his Dad going to NJ tomorrow for the whole week. I thought I would have time to make him something from Matthew to take with him like a scrapbook or a homemade card. Matthew suggested we make cookies....! Not just any cookies...these are the ingredients for Matthew's Cookies:

EGGS, FLOUR, YOGURT, MACARONI (Mommy said Macaroni? He said MACARONI IN COOKIES YUMMY MOMMY), SAP (NO THAT IS NOT SHORT ABBREVIATION FOR SOMETHING THAT IS THE WORD - SAP), OJ, HONEY, SOUR CREAM, MILK, COFFEE, A1 STEAK SAUCE (BECAUSE DADDY LIKES STEAK MOMMY!!), SOME FLOWERS INSIDE THE COOKIES AND CARAMEL SYRUP.

I said "caramel syrup in all of that" HE SAID ... NO MOMMY....NOT IN IT..ON TOP SPRINKLED WITH SPRINKLES...............................................

SO LICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: