Sunday, April 29, 2007

Lazy Sunday's

Today was one of those days where we just hung around the house. Matthew took his car for a little ride up the street with Daddy. I have been busy doing laundry that I've ignored for almost 3 days and finally I couldn't ignore it anymore.

Well, my brother J (from now on to be called Elvis-due to some fond memories Mommy has of him when we were little) was off a week, with my niece's first Holy Communion date. Thank God for me. Now Matthew and I will take the trek down there this week, for a whole week. We will leave either on Friday or Saturday at the latest. Matthew hasn't been down there since January, and it is not worth it for Mommy to lug both of us down there for just a weekend. I am hoping that we will get to see my other brother P (from now on to be called Zeppelin-just kidding - to be called Gorge!! - short for Gorgeous!!! Not pronounced Horhe or georgie It is a nickname I had for him when he was little) as well. He now lives just over an hour south of where my family is from and in June it will be one year since I've seen him. I can't handle that. I've always been the older sister, the one to keep the family tight. I arrange reunions and try to enforce the importance of family to them. Him moving is out of my control. He is all grown up now there is nothing I can do. It's life.

I never thought I would have a problem with it, since I moved to MA when he was just 11 years old. As the years have gone on, the older he has got, the more he would be with friends when I would come in anyway. But over the last few years, we grew even closer than we already were. When he told me over a year ago, that he was moving, I said "Go For IT!" He was following love and I know better than anyone that you have to follow your heart in life and at least he wasn't moving to another state, he would still only be an hour south. Little did I know that, that hour and life in general would keep us apart on both sides of the equation. I miss his hugs and his smile, his sense of humor is awesome. He would have such an awesome time right now seeing Matthew grow up and into his own sense of humor. That's why I post so much on my blog, so my brothers and father and friends and other family can see everyday into Matthew's world. That in today's day and age, we don't have to be far apart, we can just click on the Internet and there we are. Now if I can only get all of them to have a blog and let me view their pics, I'd really be happy.

So here's to this week!!! First Holy Communions and Family Reunions (fingers crossed). BTW: My brother Elvis means just as much to me, just wanted to stress right now about Gorge!! I have to call him when I am done posting to see if he is going to be able to get off work to go to L's Holy Communion.

More about Elvis later! hehe

No comments: