Thursday, March 15, 2007

67 degrees, then snow? Only in New England & Mom's night out

Well, I'm not going to be talking about that "d" word anymore:-)

Yesterday we got out for a little while and it was 67 degrees:-) Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were so happy just to be outside and Matthew is really appreciating spring coming and living on the lake. He wanted to fish, but Daddy didn't have any rods hooked up so I told him next week.

So, he had fun anyway looking for worms under some logs we use as landscape edging down by the lake. He found a string and was so cute hooking it onto branches hanging over the water, telling me he was going to catch a fish. I didn't spoil his fun. He was just loving being out and enjoying nature. He even mentioned we had a sting ray and a jelly fish in the water. I tried to tell him it was algae and explain what it was. He kept asking if it was going to bite him.

I got a book the other day at the library on birds of the Northeast by James Audobon. Matthew loves this book and every time he heard a bird chirp, he'd yell" Mom, get my bird book".

Then last night, the weatherman said tomorrow rain and in the evening and Friday, possible nor'easter and snow/sleet! What!!! Listen, Mr. Weatherman, we are done with that season!! No more!! How am I going to explain to my son why there is snow again? And that it will be cold again!!

They say if you want to know when the weather will change in New England, just to wait two minutes. I know that this is happening outside of MA also, but I don't care. I'm sick of it. We just want sunny warm days at the park, zoo's, playgrounds and on the lake...is that too much to ask? LOL

I am looking forward to Saturday night. I am going with a mom/friend of mine who has been trying to get me to hear this girl in concert for over a year. We had tickets to see her in January and she cancelled due to Laryngitis and rescheduled for Saturday night. It has been a long wait, but we are going to have fun. The artist's name is Cheryl Wheeler. My friend burned me her CD, and she's pretty good. I love Jann Arden and she is similar in that she has a comedic performing intimate quality to her shows, so it will be nice to escape life in my mind for awhile.

Then on Sunday, we will go into Boston for their famous St. Patrick's Day Parade:-) Hopefully the weather will be decent that day.

No comments: