Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Remember When Wednesdays!! What do you think of when you hear these songs?

Usually around 4 pm I crank up the music in the kitchen and Matthew will sing, dance and show me his new moves or get out his guitar's or little drums and we have an awesome time!! Today we danced to Grease and Saturday Night Fever Soundtracks. hehe

I don't know why I feel like doing this today. I've been listening to some of my music this afternoon and I thought it would be kind of cool to share what I think of when I hear some of these songs. Where were you or what do you think of? Let me know!!!

1. (just because I just listened to it) Grease Soundtrack!! -We Go Together! - I know when that album came out, my parents had just won on an AM radio station $100 worth of albums. It was 1977 and my brother "J" and I were allowed one album each. This was my choice. My brother chose Village People's YMCA 8-track!! (he is going to kill me for this). One of my favorite memories though of the song We Go Together though, just came back to me when I just listened to it. I was like..wait, didn't me and Donna (an old good friend of mine) sang that with me once at a party at my neighbor's house!!! Way before kids...and lots of alcohol involved. Another good memory on the same exact note was with another treasured and missed friend "P" on a girls weekend out, way before kids, in Lowell back in 1992!

2. Boston's 1976 album!! - the whole album!! - LCCC when I should have been in my classes, but skipped them to drive around and party (1986). That is one of the best albums for summer driving ever! My husband and I on our videos of our vacations where we are driving, we bring our own cd's on it. Both times we have vacationed in Florida, either Key West or Clearwater area, we rented a convertible mustang and this album was blasting during the whole vacation!

3. Led Zeppelin - I love Zeppelin...not enough space to write about every memory. Two favorites though were in 1980 or 1981, Stairway To Heaven started playing on the only two rock stations at the time where I grew up. My best friend "K" loved it along with AC/DC at the time and every time we would hear it on the radio, we would call and say 'STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN" is on _ _ _ FM BYE!!! and then because we didn't have any recording devices at the time, would sit next to the stereo until it was done. I would literally put my ears right up to the speaker and turn it up real loud. My parents had this very long magnavox stereo and I would just sit on the floor next to that speaker until it was all done. ( 9 minutes later) My second favorite memory of this album was, my favorite Aunt at the time. She was the most wonderful, loving, kind, Italian family loving, always had pies on the table, with Avon books because she sold them. My father said she would love me these days because we both loved to take pictures:-) I miss her alot. In 1980 or 1981 to me being 12 or 13, all I wanted was Zeppelin's album more than anything. I thought I would DIE without it. So my favorite Aunt got it for me for Christmas!! All I saw was this package wrapped and of course being a big album at the time, I could immediately tell what was under that wrapping. My favorite Aunt went to Saint status at that time to me.


4. Journey - every album - Steve Perry was so much better. I saw them last year in concert not thinking it would make a difference, but it did. I thought the music is what made them awesome and yeah Steve Perry was unbelievable, but they must have someone who can at least make the songs sound as good....WRONG!!! The one good thing is it was the first concert K and I had seen since Eddie Money back in 1988 and Def Leppard was co-headlining with them and I always love them. Any song with Steve Perry, Faithfully, Open Arms, Separate Ways I am in PA driving in the mountains and feeling it come through the speakers...Separate Ways reminds me of K doing a Pom Pom routine she had learned and so we still have the routine embedded in our minds when we hear that song.

5. Def Leppard - Do you want to get rocked???? - My brother "J" and I got into them very early, from High and Dry's Bringin on the Heartbreak that I still get goose bumps to. I could sit here and type every single song, but my fingers would hurt. Last year to get ready for my their co-headling concert with Journey, I bought Rock Of Ages, The Definitive Collection Disc's one and two...Basically, they have been in my car CD player ever since. I'm addicted. And yeah it used to help in the 80's when Joe Elliot had his mullet and hole in his knees of his jeans, but now it doesn't matter, his voice is beautiful, there sound is beautiful, mesmerizing and harmonious. One of my fav's is Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad.

The next two kind of have the same memory for me, so I am going to combine them.

6 & 7 Irene Cara, Fame and the music from the sequel to Saturday Night Fever. The movie was Stayin' Alive and John Travolta got all built and sexy in a sarong for a dance move where he had to do these high kicks with Fiona Hughes. Both Fame and that song from Stayin' Alive (I have to officially find out the name, but every time I watch the movie, I remember), I loved and wanted to be famous some day. Whether it was as a model, a singer, a dancer I didn't care because I loved every thing about the arts. And I was the most obnoxious pre-teen, teenager and even adult you will ever meet. I know being a Sagittarius has alot to do with that. Anyway, for both of those songs, my friend "G" who was a guy (just friends though) and I would have a blast on our street. He would be on one end and I would run to him from the other end and then when we passed each other in the middle of the street with the whole neighborhood watching, we would jump and do those high kicks ....I know you all know the kicks I mean. One of my favorite memories:-)

Well, I've decided to do this every Wednesday. I need some theme's I think. How about Remember When Wednesdays???

BTW: I need one of those Ipod things, Debbie!! I don't have one and I think maybe that IS what I needed on Monday:-) Just Kidding hubby, I'm happy with my speakers in the kitchen.






No comments: