Monday, March 19, 2007

Ok....Tubby Time? Manic Monday's? Anyone else out there have these? Still? LOL

It's funny how my Monday's are the same as my Monday's when I worked a "real" job in the workforce. Although I don't have the morning rush hour, or stress of screaming at the driver in front of me, because they should have known I was behind them and that it was important for me to get where I was going. (hehe-Thank God)

But like my rambling above, my Monday's are always spinning my wheels and not getting a shower until at least 4 pm if at all that day.

It all started last night when Matthew had been in his footed pj's all day. It was only 25 degrees out without the wind, so when Eric wound up taking him out to play we figured might as well keep the footed jammies on and put sweats on over them. With his snowsuit and the rest he would keep warm. I figured I would give him a bath once he came home from playing outside in the snow anyway.

Didn't happen, next thing you know, he wants to keep them on because they were comfy, wanted to watch a movie in them. By the time dinner was done, I said, "I'm going up to run the bath water and then give you a tubby." At first he was for it because he had got a new tubby toy from a nice woman that works with Eric, so he was anxious to show Mommy how it worked. But by the time the water filled up the tub, he wanted no part of it. He was making me deals while he was screaming at me yelling up our stairs.....while out of breath...saying "Alright! I'll make a deal with you!!!!! Just my bum!!! No Washing My Hair!!!!!!!!"""" I'm trying not to laugh, and hold firm, "No!", Your Hair hasn't been washed in two days...You need a bath and your hair washed". Daddy finally pipes in carrying him up the rest of the stairs and sets him on the bathroom counter. Now I know how tired Matthew was at this point, he had no nap all weekend again. Daddy looks at the tub and sees little specks of dirt on the bottom and my hair because I had to lean over the tub to make the temp right, and said to Matthew "I will have to empty this water and set it up again". I looked at Matthew and said "Tomorrow, first thing tomorrow we are taking a tubby and getting out of the house, come on let's go to bed and read a story".

Well, this is the manic Monday part...I will make it the short version. He had his tubby today, wasn't' til late morning, then I had to make him lunch, then he needed a nap. He just woke up about a half hour ago, and now Mommy still needs my tubby and it's now dinner time!!!!!

1 comment:

Zookeeper said...

Manic Mondays are the standard around here. However, Tuesdays are pretty relaxed. Hope you are having a good Tuesday!