Friday, March 30, 2007

Matthew's wonderful memory & HIM GROWING UP WAY TO FAST!

We had a nice time the other day visiting Grandma & Grandpa in Boston. Matthew also got to visit his much loved and missed cousins and Aunt so it really made his day. For the whole trip into Boston, he would say "Mom, Is this the town?" I would let him know the town that we were driving through and every time we entered the next town, he would say it again. It was cute.

Finally, we were on the outskirts and on a slight hill and I saw the John Hancock building in the distance and said "Look Honey!! See that building...were almost in Boston!!" He said "Yep! And down that road and then down a hill and down the next road.....is THE MUSEUM OF SCIENCE!

Everything in his little life that he has seen so far in Boston, is so exciting for me to watch him experiencing it. Almost more exciting then first time I saw it. At my In-Laws the other day, he was looking out the window and yelling "There is a baby in the city!!" "There is a kid my age in the city!!" and my favorite "Mom, There IS A MOM YOUR AGE IN THE CITY!"

His memory is so amazing to me. Today we were driving home after going to the library and the playground and he saw planes in the blue sky with there straight lines of clouds behind them. (The kind I used to think was the rocket on Sesame Street making the letter I). He also calls them rockets and today asked me "Why do the rockets go into the sky in the morning time?" (It was 4 pm) I said "I don't know honey why they go in the morning?" He said "I'll have to ask Daddy ORRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE CAN GO TO THE MUSEUM IN BOSTON AND THEY CAN TELL US!!!!!

I said "Maybe!" He said "Maybe!"

I am so proud of him today (as always) because he is being my little helper again these days. Holding my face in his hands with his hands, telling me to take a deep breath while I am frantically trying to get out the door all week, telling me (again) to have a good time with my band the other night when I was going on a Mom's Night Out at a restaurant. I'd explained it wasn't a concert, just meeting other moms at a restaurant that might have little boys his age, but he still said when I left to have a good time with my band.

When we went to the library today, I was just resigning myself to the fact, that when he's with me, I probably wouldn't be getting any books for myself. He normally doesn't let me look around, to put it nicely. Today he pranced right up to the children's door like an old pro holding it for me and when he got inside he immediately went and played at the train tables nicely and quietly and would occasionally come up to me while I was browsing the books. Then he said something that made my heart melt. He must have seen Cailou's mom doing it. He said "Mom, Look at this book. Do you want to read it here?" We've always just check them out to read them at home. He said "Have a seat Mom" as he pulled out a little chair for me to sit at and then he sat in a little chair across from me.

My little date at the library with my prince charming...(sigh)....

After our reading we gently picked out movies and then I said to myself, let me try and see what happens if I try and carry all of the books already in my hand and movies and see if anything jumps out at me from the shelves as I walk by the fictional section. I can't browse the computer to look things up, it's just not possible.

When we got to the end of the fictional section, I was trying to glance at these tall shelves and Matthew said to me "Mom, why don't I take a seat here at this table and read my dinosaur book?" He is my angel, my hero and he is growing up too fast!!!!! I love that he was so thoughtful. He also said He wanted to carry his movies to the lady and then he very big boyish put them up on the counter. He then carried them to the car in a plastic bag and when he looked across the street and saw a playground and said "How about we walk over there?" I said "OK! Let's Go!!!" It was really more of a toddler one, but he was happy and so am I.

And we got to talk to K today! So it's a good day.....simple things in life make us happy. Being nice to one another and having someone love you as much as you love them unconditionally.

No comments: