Friday, March 9, 2007

Bellyaches again and Escapes of Song!!!!

Why does it always seem like I'm posting about Matthew not feeling well. The bug he had earlier in the week only lasted that one night but he never re-gained his appetite so I knew something was up. This morning we were going to finally be heading out with a play date with a new mom's meetup group I joined, and he has the "d" word again!!

So, now I am the bad mommy making him miss it. I'm telling him as soon as he is feeling better, I promise we will go (but little does he understand that means it won't be with the group I joined, just us).

It is so heartbreaking for me and him. Right now my main objective is to tend to his belly and get him better. But he doesn't understand that.

I can't wait for spring!!! At least then, when he is sick, I can still open the doors and let him out in the yard or on our deck. The place we were going to go to today was an indoor sports complex that basically just lets the kids run a football field's worth of energy off all while being indoors and warm.

On a good note: My father was visiting a good friend of ours in NJ and although I hoped he bought that winning ticket, he didn't...but he made it back to PA alive and well. I don't know if I've mentioned in the past, but my father was always my rock. He still is. He has so many admirable, loving and kind qualities and is so talented as well. He is known as the Frank Sinatra of the part of PA we are from. He is a song stylist and does weddings and other venues and has even opened up for Lou Rawls.

When I was growing up, singing in my house was the only thing we all did for escape and expression. My brother would play air guitar and dance to Elvis and sing Billy Joel and Neil Diamond, while I would wrap myself up in a sheet and pretend I was some exotic model from another world. My youngest brother is 11 years younger than me and so he didn't get to witness some really classy stuff but when he joined us I made sure to brainwash him into my love of music over my other brother. I wanted him to know zepplin and rock and not Billy Joel, but regardless he developed his own tastes and is the funniest person I know. He used comedy and music as his escape. But singing was all of our combined strength that we still love almost as much as breathing itself. People could never have conversations with us if there is a microphone around. And sometimes even if there isn't a mic, they can't converse with us. We are like, talk we can't talk? But sing now, that is another story. And the scary thing is that now that two of us have children, Matthew and his little cousins are the next generation of hogging the microphones. I can't even sing anymore with Matthew home unless it's in the kitchen on the computer and without a mic.

Well, someone just put a whole big enough in his sock that all 5 TOES ARE PUSHING THROUGH! LOL so I will have to cut this short:-)

No comments: