Thursday, March 29, 2007

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder

I wasn't going to get to post today, because I have been busy spring cleaning again, laundry and recycling for trash day tomorrow.

I am going out tonight with a group of moms online that I recently joined. They are having a Moms Night Out at a nearby restaurant. Matthew and I will be joining them at a Children's Museum on Monday.

Matthew has a habit of pulling my pony tails out of my hair because he likes to put his fingers through my hair. I have been at my wits end trying to keep myself from cutting it short because I know that this time, once it's cut, it's staying short forever. I would rather just get out and go, not spend 1/2 hour or more straightening, curling, product, big hair brush, etc... I've always loved longer hair, but now with grays coming in more and more, it will be more cost effective to keep it short to color and keep up with and just easier in general for me. I hate wearing baseball hats and I have been wearing them every time I leave the house for the last 2 years. Even after I get it trimmed. If I don't have the time that day, to put the product in and I am going to have to look ridiculous with fly aways and grays poking up, I'm wearing a manly hat!

Anyway, today Matthew pulled my pony tail out of my hair as he was falling asleep next to me on my bed and he threw it on the floor. An hour or so ago, I was upstairs frantically looking through my closet trying to figure out what I'm going to wear. I have 60 tops and two pairs of jeans that look right on me and fit me right. But I stood in front of my closet, looking at my limited pairs of shoes and was having a little panic attack. Like I know the first day of spring was last week, but it is cold enough to wear suede!!! And I love my suede clogs with my little light suede coat!! But then I would need my suede purse and then it would just be too fall!!!

It has been so long since I saw the world and what they are wearing!! See this is my problem. I used to love watching (Before Matthew), Entertainment shows and the red carpet. I used to love painting my nails and always having my shoes match my purse. I have become so hideous. I watch now those shows of people coming to your house to give you a complete make-over, and I wish they would pick me. Although if anyone nominated me I also know, I would cry with my feelings hurt.

Anyway, to put things in perspective, Matthew found the pony tail he had thrown off of my bed today while I was frantically going through my shirts and shoes. He said "Mommy, (with a sly grin) How Did This Get H--e----rrrrr----eeee??? (with that little nah nah nah nah nah sound in the word here)

I said, "Gee I don't know how that got there". He said "Mom, You Look Pretty with your hair like that, Don't Put Your Hair in a Ponytail!!!".

I can't help smiling now. It's nice to have my prince charming think Mommy's pretty. I am going to eat it up while I can, and keep it long a little while longer and just wear my pair of Levis with a shirt and chill out and enjoy myself tonight.

No comments: